Albert Brooks's biography
Albert Brooks is 75 years old actor born at Beverly Hills. He was born on Tuesday 22nd of July 1947. According to year of birth 1947 he belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 22nd of July means he is Cancer. Cancer is a watery sign. They are very friendly and show motherly love to everyone. According to ascendant calculator, an important trait of these natives is their sensitive nature.
He is native english speaker. He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be actor. You can know him also as film director, screenwriter, writer, film actor, voice actor. He is recently known as television actor.
Albert Brooks's dad
Albert Brooks's father's name is Harry Parke. He is known as actor. His father was born on Friday 6th of May 1904 in Boston. His father died on Monday 24th of November 1958 in Los Angeles. Harry Parke was only 11 years old, when this happened.
Albert Brooks's mom
Albert Brooks's mother's name is Thelma Leeds. She is known as actor. His mother was born on Sunday 18th of December 1910 in New York City. Albert Brooks was born when she was 37 years old. His mother died on Saturday 27th of May 2006 in Beverly Hills. Thelma Leeds was 59 years old, when this happened.
Albert Brooks's family
Albert Brooks's spouse
Albert Brooks's ex spouse
Albert Brooks's schools
We found 2 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Carnegie Mellon University, Beverly Hills High School.
Albert Brooks's career
His main focus is to be actor.
Awards and competitions
Albert Brooks's Nominations
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for work Broadcast News in 1987
What Albert Brooks has done for a first time
- Has starred in two movies where the song "Beyond the Sea" has played over the end credits. My First Mister (2001) and Finding Nemo (2003).
- Brooks has been honored by the American Film Institute with a retrospective of his work at the first U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen Colorado.
Albert Brooks's quotes
- Being a screenwriter in Hollywood is like being a eunuch at an orgy. Worse, actually, at least the eunuch is allowed to watch.
- I've always felt like I work in a small little area that doesn't represent anything like the rest of society.
- Bullfights are hugely popular because you can sit comfortably with a hot dog and possibly watch a man die. It won't be me, but I can sit comfortably and watch it.
- When I die, if the word "thong" appears in the first or second sentence of my obituary, I've screwed up.
- [on his father's death onstage] The interesting thing to me was that he finished. He could have died in the middle. He could have done it on the way over there. But he didn't. He finished. And he was as good as he'd ever been in his life.
- [on being called "neurotic"] I have feelings about that. It's an interesting world we live in when Arnold Schwarzenegger can kill 115 people in a movie and he's fine. I drive around a woman's house twice, and I'm neurotic. Go figure.
- [on why he changed his name from Einstein to Brooks] Do I even have to answer?
- Normally movies have the same people they use over and over for everything. It's called typecasting. They don't like to take chances. They'll go with the guy they had before.
- People ask me all the time about improv, and I tell them that improv is just the final icing. You need a structure. It's like, if you're going to commit suicide, you need the building to jump out of.
- This getting old is something. I think I envy my dog, because my dog is sixteen and she's limping and she's still living, but she doesn't look at me like she knows. She's not thinking what I'm thinking. It's a cruel trick that we all know the ending.
- [on his greatest fear] That three days before I die I'll find out what happiness means.
- [on the talent he would most like to have] Parting the Red Sea would be cool.
- When Rex Reed wrote that I had a face like an open sandwich, that was the best moment so far. It's just a thing of mine - I've always wanted to be compared to deli food.
- The relationship between the artist and the audience is rather like a courtship.
Albert Brooks's body shape
Lets describe how Albert Brooks looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Albert Brooks
For the latest news - you can follow Albert Brooks on social networks.
- He reached total 1 800 582 followers - Albert Brooks on Twitter